quinta-feira, 3 de julho de 2014

Mount TBR 2014 Checkpoint #2


1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.
I'm not sure how it happened but, somehow, I've managed to complete this challenge already. I've signed up for Pike's Peak level - 12 books - and that's how many I've read so far!

These are the books I've read so far (and all books counted for other challenges):
The Distant Hours, by Kate Morton
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
A Kiss at Midnight, by Eloisa James
Purple Hibiscus, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Poirot Investigates, by Agatha Christie 
The Ice Princess, by Camilla Läckberg 
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
Lord Edgware Dies, by Agatha Christie 
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, by Patrick Süskind 
Carmilla, by Sheridan Le Fanu 
Paper Towns, by John Green 

Since I have six months left, I'm going to try and unofficially climb Mount Blanc. No pressure, as far as I'm concerned, I've already completed the challenge, but I would love to be able to read 12 more books from my TBR pile...

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Choose two titles from the books you've read so far that have a common link. You decide what the link is--both have strong female lead characters? Each focuses on a diabolical plot to take over the world? Blue covers? About weddings? Find your link and tell us what it is.
Lord Edgware Dies, by Agatha Christie and Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, by Patrick Süskind. They both have a direct reference to death in the title.

B. Tell us about a book on the list that was new to you in some way--new author, about a place you've never been, a genre you don't usually read...etc.
Purple Hibiscus was from a new to me author and, as far as I remember, it was also the first book by an african author I've ever read. I loved the author's style and I'll be reading her other books.

C. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
The book that has been the longest on my shelf is still Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, a resident since May 2010.

D. Use titles from your list to complete as many of the following as you can. If you haven't read enough books to give you good choices, then feel free to use any books yet to be read from your piles. I've given my answers as examples. Feel free to add words (such as "a" or "the" or others that clarify) as needed.
My Day in Books

I began the day with A Kiss at Midnight
before breakfasting on Dexter is Delicious.
On my way to work I saw [a] Purple Hibiscus
and walked by [the] Paper Towns
to avoid Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
but I made sure to stop at The Great Gatsby.

In the office, my boss said, Lord Edgware Dies?
and sent me to research The Ice Princess .

At lunch with Carmilla
I noticed The Book Thief
playing a game of The Rules of Seduction.

When I got home that night,
I studied Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
because I'm interested in The Distant Hours
and I decided that Poirot Investigates.

I only had 12 titles, so borrowed two that are on top of the TBR pile to be read during the summer...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário