quinta-feira, 22 de agosto de 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Day 4


DAY 4 - Thursday, August 22th

STATS
Pages read: 57 pages of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by
Total pages read: 160 pages of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by


CHALLENGES
∞ Book Road Trip @ In Wonderland
For this challenge, I'd like for you to come up with a list of the top 5-10 states/places you'd love to visit and find a book (you either read or want to read) that takes place in that state/place or a book by an author who lives or is from there. :]
In no particular order:
  1. Scotland: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  2. Cornwall: The Cornish House by Liz Fenwick
  3. Alaska: Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer
  4. Paris: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  5. England: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 
  6. Rome: Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  7. Chile: The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
  8. Miami: Dexter series by
  9. Bag Of Bones by Stephen King
  10. Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes

∞ I Spy... @ Paperback Dreamer
For today’s challenge all you need is your bookshelf and/or your eReader, and a fun attitude! The object of this game is to find the specific items listed below using the books you own!
Rules:

  1. You can only use a particular book one time for the objects listed.
  2. You can only use two books from a series and then you can’t use that series again to find the remaining objects.
  3. You must use a book that you own either physically or electronically.
I Spy…
…snowflakes
Twelve Days of Christmas by

…flames
The Fire by

…a city skyline
The World without us by Alan Weisman

…the moon
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by

…a sword
To Sin with a Viking by

…a wedding dress
True Love by Jude Deveraux

…high heels
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter by

…fog
Dead Man's Folly by Agatha Christie

…a Christmas tree
Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber

…sunglasses
Tag Team by Nicola Marsh

…lightening
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

…a tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire by

…combat boots
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

…hand-cuffs
Because You Are Mine by

…a road
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates

So, this wasn't as easy as I thought it would be... There's a surprising lack of high heels on my shelves (those were the best I could find), I had almost given up on the sunglasses when I found that cover of an amazon freebie I downloaded months ago, and I kind of cheated on the combat boots. Although, when you think of it, the three musketeers are wearing boots and they fight a lot...

I used mainly printed books except for the sword, wedding dress, Christmas tree and sunglasses categories, all presently on my kindle. If you want to check whether or not I own them, you can use this link to my goodreads shelves.

4 comentários:

  1. Great covers! I had a bit of trouble with a few--I wound up going with alternate covers for books I owned in some cases. Here's my post: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2013/08/bout-of-books-progress-update-3.html

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks! Yeah it wasn't easy, but some of my ebooks came to the rescue!

      Eliminar
  2. Woo, you choose awesome covers. :D Are some of these in...spanish..maybe? :D Awesome job.

    http://bemusedbookworm.weebly.com/1/post/2013/08/bout-of-books-80-day-4-challengles.html

    ResponderEliminar