terça-feira, 25 de setembro de 2012

Mount TBR 2012 Checkpoint #3


Checkpoint time again!

Bev asks us to do the following:
1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc.
I've made it! I've climbed all of the 4302 m of Pike's Peak! Actually, I'm still climbing since I've read 13 books from my TBR pile and I still plan on reading a few more...

These are the books I read so far:
  1. The Big Sleep, by Ray­mond Chan­dler
  2. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, by John Boyne
  3. Death on the Nile, by Agatha Christie
  4. Ricochet, by Sandra Brown
  5. Heat Wave, by Richard Castle
  6. Whose Body?, by Dorothy L. Sayers
  7. Naked Heat, by Richard Castle
  8. Devil's Right Hand, by Dennis McShade
  9. The Murmuring Coast, by Lídia Jorge
  10. The House at Riverton, by Kate Morton
  11. The Mystery of the Yellow Room, by Gaston Leroux 
  12. Carte Blanche, by Carlo Lucarelli
  13. The Mystery of the Blue Train, by Agatha Christie
The book that has been the longest on my shelf is still The Murmuring Coast, a resident since 2002.

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Using any number of titles from your conquered list, compose a poem. You may add extra words, if needed, up to the number of titles used.
 
I've done it already at the last checkpoint so I'll sit this one out this time.

B. Looking ahead to next year's challenge: Is there a level that you'd like to see added (maybe a 30 or 35 level or some other number in between our current mountain peaks)? If so, give me a suggestion and the name of a mountain peak and I'll think about switching things up a bit next year.
I still don't know how many more of my TBR books I'll be reading this year but I don't think I'll make it to 25. I wouldn't mind a level in between, maybe 16 or 18?

C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read all year? Etc.)
I only read two more books since the last checkpoint, one by an author I didn't know and that I enjoyed and the other by an old time favorite author of mine. Both were enjoyable but none was particularly surprinsing.

1 comentário:

  1. Congratulations on making it up the mountain! And, it's good to keep on the TBR stack--if it's anything like mine, it just seems to keep on growing. thanks for checking in.

    ResponderEliminar